State Fair of Texas
– presented at the Bix Tex Fair Park in South Dallas, Texas
10:AM to 10:PM Daily | September and October every Year
The State Fair of Texas is conveniently located in Fair Park just two miles east of downtown Dallas. Presented each fall in historic Fair Park, a 277-acre complex recognized for its beautiful landscaping and unique collection of art deco architecture. The 24-day event will showcase some of the best entertainment, exhibits and competitions in all of Texas.
And with the Texas Star, the largest ferris wheel in North America, you’ll surely know when your getting close.
The State Fair of Texas is a celebration of all things Texan
Fair Hours & Transportation
Gates open daily at 10 a.m.
Exhibits, Expo Buildings, Outdoor Shows and Food
Concessions are open at the following hours:
• 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. – Sundays through Thursdays
• 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. – Fridays and Saturdays
• Midway and museum hours vary daily.
Parking: 20,000 parking spaces surrounding the grounds
• Parking in official State Fair lots is $15 per space
• There is a DART station at the front gate of Fair Park
• Wheelchairs, electric carts and baby strollers can be rented at the following locations: Gate 10 (Pennsylvania), Gate 5 (Grand) and at the front gate (DART)
• Tickets can be purchased in advance at North Texas Kroger Food Stores or online
• General Admission: $20
• Child (under 48″ in height): $15
Child age 2 and under: admitted FREE
• Seniors (ages 60 and older): $15
Seniors are FREE every Thursday
• Season Pass Ticket: $50.00
Creative Arts Competition
With more than 1,100 competition categories including photography, canning, art, sewing and cooking, the State Fair of Texas Creative Arts competitions provide professionals and amateurs of all ages a showcase for their creative skills. he winner of the 2023 Big Tex Boot Design Contest is JESSICA BONILLA OF IRVING, TEXAS. As a Texas native, Bonilla grew up going to the State Fair every year. At the young age of 23, she is a licensed social worker who earned both her bachelor’s and master’s degree in the DFW area from the University of North Texas and the University of Texas at Arlington.
Big Tex Golf Classic
The annual Big Tex Golf Classic will be held at the Old American Golf Club on Mondays. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. Carts leave the clubhouse at 1:15 p.m. and the tournament, a four-person scramble, starts promptly at 1:30 p.m.
Live Music and Entertainment – Chevy Main Stage
One of the cornerstones of the State Fair of Texas is live entertainment, and with approximately 85 performances throughout the course of 24 days, fairgoers can enjoy a variety of concerts on the Chevy Main Stage. Some of the best vocalists and musicians are scheduled to appear on the Chevy Main Stage in this year’s free concert series, included with admission to the annual exposition.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.